Friday, April 29, 2011

Sylvan Learning Center

For put recent campaign reports, I chose to create a make believe tutoring program out of Chalreston run by EIU students. Although many of my ideas I came up with myself, I did do some back ground research on Sylvan Learning Center.

http://www.sylvanlearning.com/

Sylvan Learning is a well-known tutoring institution that can help students of all ages and levels. There are over 900 centers in the United States and Canada and many different learning options. In-center, in-home and online are among the options, as well as Math, Reading, WritingSAT/ACT Prep, State Tests, Study Skills, Homework Help, Academic Camps being the names of the different areas of classes. They claim to have a personal program that is designed to teach students better habits that will lead to success in school, and further more life. Sylvan had very functional, informative, easy to navigate website. On the very bottom of the page, there is a Sylvan on the web section with links to facebook, twitter, and youtube. I think that it is great they have all three of these links. After visiting all three of their sites, it looks to me like they are regularly updated. I then searched them on the web and it looks like they do receive a good amount of coverage, not necessarily saying it always good though. Aside from the blogs, the stories mainly talked about different events they sponsor, such as read-a-thons, or bad articles discussing on whether or not their services are worth the money. I feel like the negative press they are receiving is inevitable with that particular service, but I am happy to see they offset it by contributing to the community. They should keep avoiding negative attention in any way and try to keep up with the positive stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment